In nearly future comes out a new movie “T2 Trainspotting” by D. Boyle. On this occasion, we have prepared full information about the movie. Also in this article you will know the answer on the main question: “When does T2 Trainspotting come out?”
- D. Boyle is a director of the movie. He is known for “Slumdog Millionaire”, “Trainspotting”, “127 Hours”, “28 Days Later”.
- A. Mantle is a cinematographer.
- J. Harris is a film editor.
- M. Tildesley is a production designer.
- P. Rolfe and A. Squires are art directors.
- V. Melery is set decorator.
- R. Fleming and S. Noble are costume designers.
Production of the movie
The continuation of the movie 1996 “Trainspotting” became known in 2009. Director Danny Boyle has announced that he intends to film the sequel based on Irvine Welsh’s novel “Porno”.
In an interview, McGregor said, “The script is really very good. None of us wanted to do a bad sequel. If we do not show the most extraordinary scenario, I think none of us would be willing to do a sequel. But what we have read in the end, and what we are shooting, says a lot. “
When is T2 Trainspotting coming to theaters?
It is scheduled to release on screens in the beginning of the March.
Do you know?
- It was said that the movie is quite free adaptation of Irvine Welsh’s novel “Porno” (2002).
- In one of the interviews in May 2014 the author of the novels “Trainspotting” and “Porn” I. Welsh said that “we [he and the team which is working on a sequel] do not want to tarnish the legacy of the original movie, and want to create something fresh and modern.”
- The appearance of E. McGregor in the cast of the sequel of the movie “Trainspotting” (1995) will mark his first work with Danny Boyle after a fantastic melodrama “A Life Less Ordinary”, which appeared on the screens in 1997. The actor and director had a falling out when the latter invited to a major role in the melodramatic thriller “The Beach” (2000) is not McGregor but Leonardo DiCaprio. Furthermore, it is the second case, by McGregor’s acting career, when he the second time will be displayed in the same role. The first event was the performance of the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi in the prequel to the original trilogy of “Star Wars”.
- The working title of the film during the shooting was “Porno”.
- The film is the first sequel of Danny Boyle as a director and the second sequel as a producer (he produced “28 Weeks Later” in 2007 – a continuation of his film “Twenty eight Days Later”. He was considered as the director of the fourth part in the franchise about the Alien (which eventually became the movie “Alien 4: Resurrection” (1997)), but Boyle abandoned the project due to professional differences with the studio and instead of which took the another project .
- In the begging of 2009, D. Boyle admitted that he desires to make a second part. The plot was to unfold over 9 years after the events in the original.
- In November, 2014, I. Welsh said that both director and actor have settled their conflict and started discussions on shooting second part. The filming of the movie began March 10, 2016. Initially, the filming was programmed on May, 2016.
The movie T2 Trainspotting trailer you can watch on the YouTube. It is already available.
The film tell us a story that occur 9 years after the events which were described in the first movie, and the plot tells us that the main characters are trying to get involved in pornography business.
- E. McGregor as Renton
- K. Macdonald as Diane
- J. Miller as Sick Boy
- R. Carlyle as Francis Begbie
T2 Trainspotting 2017 movie release date is planned on 8th of March, 2017 in Russia. The world premier is programmed on 27th of January.