It is American drama directed by A. Payne with M. Damon in the title role. In the topic below, you will find all known information on the movie, including the answer to the question: “When does Downsizing come out?”
Director Alexander Payne will film for the Paramount Pictures fantastic drama. This is reported by The Hollywood Reporter. This will be the third joint project of the director and studio. “Alexander will once again present the audience with a unique film in its originality, confirming his amazing talent as a storyteller. “We are honored to work with him again,” says Paramount CEO Brad Gray. The shooting of the pictures started in the spring of 2016 and release of the premiere is scheduled for mid-2017. Recall that Alexander Payne won two awards of the American Film Academy and other prestigious professional prizes.
- P. Papamichael is a cinematographer.
- K. Tent is a film editor.
- S. Cella is production designer.
- K. Zaharko is supervising art director.
- P. Larman is set decorator.
- W. Chuck is a costume designer.
When is Downsizing coming to theaters in 2017?
The movie will come out in the December 2017.
At first, it seems unreal and an absurd decision, but later it turns out that this technology has every chance of success. The current, extremely unstable economic situation generates negative tendencies in society. The rapid economic slowdown and the food crisis lead to the fact that almost all are forced to save, well, except, the powerful and very wealthy citizens. One way or another, science is trying to somehow normalize the situation, and as a result, it offers all those wishing to undergo the very strange procedure.
The main characters of the film are a married couple, on the verge of bankruptcy. To avoid this unpleasant procedure, they decide to become volunteers for a modern reduction procedure — their body will decrease by 10 centimeters. This experiment can improve their financial position, because, the smaller the body — the lower costs.
However, at the last moment, the wife of the protagonist unexpectedly refuses the forthcoming operation, because she is afraid of the upcoming changes.
The movie Downsizing trailer is not available. It will come out closer to release of the movie.
- The film was the fifth joint project of director A. Payne and screenwriter J. Taylor after the films “Sideways”, “About Schmidt.”
- Streep, R. Witherspoon, P. Giamatti and S. B. Cohen could take part in the film.
- Actors K. Wiig, M. Damon and J. Sudeikis previously starred in the series “Studio 30”.
- Damon and K. Wiig in 2014 also worked together on the set of the film “The Martian.”
- Filming took place in Toronto, Omaha.
- The film was shot at the school, where the director A. Paine studied at the time.
- The pre-production of the film started back in 2009, but the filming was not continued due to the director’s decision to concentrate on another project – “Descendants.”
- Matt Damon
- Laura Dern
- Jason Sudeikis
- Kristen Wiig will perform the lead role in the movie. Rees Witherspoon used to be the wife of the protagonist, but because of the problems, the actress left the project, giving way to Wiig. In the film, according to the script of Payne and J. Taylor, who received an Oscar for the script of “Sideways,” Christophe Waltz will be shot.
Downsizing movie release date in 2017 is scheduled for December 22, 2017, in the USA.
In Canada, the movie is planned for the same date.